6 DIY Healthy Recipes You Must Try in 2017!
A new year, a great opportunity to try out a few healthy recipes. Here are my top 6 lunch and snack ideas you MUST try out in 2017!
1. Matcha Green Tea Chia Seed Pudding with Kiwi Swap out your sugary lattes/smoothies with a matcha chia seed pudding! Matcha powder is packed with antioxidants and helps boost metabolism. Chia seeds have a ton of fiber and will keep you full. I used an organic Ceremonial Matcha green tea powder from Numi Tea. Refrigerate your pudding overnight. I added sliced kiwi, and poured my pudding into this cup. Top it off with shredded coconut and a sweetener.
2. Beet Root Hummus with Pita BreadOkay nothing beats pita and hummus! This purple vegetable is a great source of vitamin C, fiber, and a great way to sneak in vegetables into your favorite dip. I boiled my beet roots and put it into a food processor with 3 tbsp of plain hummus. The beets are a bit on the sweeter side so I added a pinch of sea salt.
3. Perfect Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl One of my favorite foods is poke. It's colorful and uses fresh ingredients. Make your poke bowl healthier by swapping half the rice with greens. I bought sashimi grade tuna, chopped and marinated the fish in sesame oil and ferikake. In my poke I added avocado, a healthy portion of our poke, and topped it with seaweed strips. Finish with a side of ginger, low sodium soy sauce, and wasabi. For another fun variation of this recipe, check out Kelly’s Sushi Pizza Tutorial.
4. Frozen Greek Yogurt Covered Blueberries Craving ice cream or a frozen treat? Make these super easy frozen greek yogurt covered blueberries! Take your fresh blueberries and coat with thick greek yogurt. I’m using a greek yogurt that is low in fat and high in protein. Once you're done pop this into the freezer. Enjoy the next day as a refreshing snack.
5. Savory Oatmeal with a Fried Egg Oatmeal does not have to be sweet or sugary. Make this colorful and savory oatmeal bowl that is packed with fiber and is super satisfying. Cook your rolled oats according to box instructions. I like mine a bit thicker so I added less water. Sautéed bell peppers and onions. Top off this dish with a sunny side egg, cilantro, mashed avocados and fresh cracked pepper. This is probably my new favorite brunch dish to make. Don't forget to check out the full video collaboration with Asideofsweet here:
Thanks for reading! Happy cooking friends.