5 DIY Healthy Snacks!
Happy January! To be honest, trying to eat healthy is hard AF! Luckily, I found a few fun and creative snacks that actually taste good! I ventured out to my local Trader Joe's to pick up a few ingredients for my pantry such as Almond milk, chia seeds, fresh fruit, seasonal vegetables and my all time favorite Crunchy Salted Peanut Butter with Flax and Chia Seeds!
With a little inspiration from BuzzFeed Food, here's 5 easy and simple healthy snacks anyone can do!
Photo Credit: Ryan Chua
- Antioxidant and Vitamin-rich Fruit Bowl *add a smoothie base
- Stuffed Bell Peppers This recipe takes the longest. I would suggest making this the night before if you're short on time in the morning. But even I was impressed by how simple this was to make!
- Banana Sushi This recipe is a fun play on a Japanese Caterpillar roll! But there's nothing fishy about this roll! You only need 3 ingredients: fruit, nuts, and agave!
- Chia Seed Pudding This was my first time trying an overnight chia seed pudding. I added in blueberry puree, and nuts to sweetened up my pudding.*To make a thicker pudding: 1 cup coconut milk to 1/4 cup chia seed ratio
- Apple n' Peanut Butter Sandwiches Here's a quick on-the-go snack packed full of fiber and protein. Simply slice your favorite apples (I love Fuji apples) and spread on top a layer of creamy peanut butter! Watch the video tutorial here: 5 Healthy BuzzFeed Food Recipes Tested! Which recipe was your favorite? Comment below!Cheers, Ally